Central to this core purpose is the understanding that quality park systems and recreation programs are vital components of a healthy community. Our membership is made up of municipal and state employees in park and recreation service delivery, therapeutic recreation providers, educators, commercial recreation and related businesses, citizen board members, students and park friends agencies.
To unite people and groups with common interests in one state wide Recreation and Parks association.
To foster and maintain the highest standards of training, professional qualifications and ethics in the field of Recreation and Parks.
- To stimulate and promote planned recreation and leisure services throughout the State of Maine.
- To study, endorse and actively support legislation pertaining to Recreation and Parks.
- To affiliate with local, state and national organizations in related fields.
- To support, promote and practice the wisest use of our national resources.
- To provide opportunities to share concerns and ideas with others interested in Recreation and Parks.
- To educate and update the public on existence of Therapeutic Recreation and integrating special needs groups into the community.
- To offer seminars, lectures, and conferences in Recreation, Parks and Therapeutic Recreation.
Park and Recreation Services are a vital part of a healthy active lifestyle. The Maine Recreation and Park Association invites you to use the information you find here to help make your community a better place to live and to do business in by supporting your local park system and recreation services in your city or town.
For more information:
Maine Recreation & Park Association
Deb Smith, Executive Director
P.O. Box 6728
Scarborough, ME 04070